The building was purpose built in 1908 as a dental practice with owner accommodation and has been a dental practice since. There have been 4 owners in the intervening years culminating in the present Partnership of Howard Hunter, Geoff Readshaw and Andrew Carter.
In its early days the practice had one surgery for the dentist at the front, a waiting room where Mr Hunter now resides, a technicians surgery where the present waiting room is situated, a technicians work room at the back and a three bedroom owners accommodation upstairs. The building was entirely redesigned in 1989 when Stephen Woodhouse purchased the building from Mr John Mitchell and expanded to the present 4 surgery practice by utilising all the building for dentistry doing away with living accommodation.
Patients will notice since then there has been constant updating and additions to the practice to conform with access and health and safety regulations. Our thanks extend to our gardeners for maintaining the small gardens to the front and side as well as the long hedges that keep our privacy.