Who are the General Dental Council?
They are the organisation which regulates dental professionals in the United Kingdom. All dentists, dental nurses, dental technicians, clinical dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental therapists and orthodontic therapists must be registered with the GDC to work in the UK.
The purpose of the GDC is to protect the public by regulating the dental team.
How do they do this:
- registering qualified professionals
- setting standards of dental practice and conduct
- assuring the quality of dental education
- ensuring professionals keep up-to-date
- helping patients with complaints about a dentist or dental care professional, and
- working to strengthen patient protection
To find out more, you can visit the GDC website at www.gdc-uk.org